Day Into Night at home / 00
Welcome to Day Into Night at home! I’m so excited you are here.
Below is a welcome recipe. A little something from me to you. One of my favorite ways to start the day. I hope you enjoy it, Ana xx
Tigernut coconut muffin
Tigernuts are tiny tubers with a sweet, earthy, butterscotch-like flavor. They are nutritional powerhouses, and contain magnesium, calcium, and vitamins C and E. They are a good source of plant based protein as well as being prebiotic and gluten-free. Tigernut flour can sometimes be a little gritty since it is made by grinding the dried tubers. I would liken its texture to shredded coconut, which I've added here as a compliment.
3 cups tigernut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil (or 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled)
1/2 cup coconut yogurt. + 1 Tablespoon water (or 1/2 cup yogurt)
1/4 cup maple
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped oats *
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil (or 1/4 cup melted and cooled butter)
salt to taste
*to chop oats, lightly pulse in your blender or food processor
Step by step:
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the crumb topping and set a side.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the tigernut flour, bp, bs, salt, and coconut.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs. Whisk the yogurt, coconut oil, and maple into the eggs.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop the batter into the cups of a greased muffin tin, and top each muffin with crumb topping.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. How long will depend on your oven, but about 20 to 30 minutes.